* Scholarships and Financial Assistance are available, please email [email protected] for more information.
First Tee – Greater Wilmington partners with youth centers, educational academies and the City of Wilmington to bring programming to life throughout our community! We work together with the YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, GLOW Academy, etc. to introduce the game of golf using games that are flexible to the ages and abilities to as many young people in our community.
Who Are Our Community Partners?
YMCA Southeastern NC
Brigade Boys and Girls Club
Community Boys and Girls Club
Communities in Schools Cape Fear
Girls Leadership Academy of Wilmington (GLOW)
MLK Jr. Community Center
Maides Park Community Center
What’s Provided to our Partners?
Our Community Program gives youth development professionals and volunteer leaders the tools to get started. Our program adapts to fit the needs of each individual program such as the setting, time, or class size. We provide training, equipment, and lesson plan to ensure the seamless delivery of the First Tee Community Program. Youth leaders also have access to the First Tee’s online community for additional support and connection with peers.
As a parent/guardian, how can I get my young person more involved?
There are various ways to get your young person involved in First Tee – Greater Wilmington programming …
1. Speak to your local community/youth center to see what First Tee programs they may offer
2. Enroll your child in the FREE week of Community Camp!
We are offering a $150 valued week of camp, sponsored by a First Tee donor, to our Community Partner’s participants. This week of camp will run from Monday, August 1st-Thursday, August 4th from 10:30 am-1:30 pm. We will be offering the following:
– Bussing to and from your respective Community Center and the First Tee – Greater Wilmington Learning Center
– Golf Skills Education and Games: Campers will be taught the Golf Skills fundamentals and have the chance to work individually and as a team to practice, play games and compete in friendly competition
– Life Skills Education and Games: Campers will take a break indoors each day where we will discuss various Life Skills, building character, and how we can utilize the lessons taught in First Tee everywhere!
– All Golf equipment needed is provided!
– Lunch/Snacks and Water is provided!
– Water Golf Activities on-site weather permitting
– MUST BRING a refillable water bottle, a hat, sunscreen
– MAY bring a second pair of sneakers/golf shoes and socks, their own set of golf clubs, their own snacks and/or lunch (we have a refrigerator)
– SHOULD wear a hat, sunscreen, golf clothes (if they have them), and sneakers/golf shoes EVERYDAY
3. First Tee – Greater Wilmington Spring/Summer/Fall Session Classes are available to all young people ages 5-18. No matter your skill level or age we have a class for you! Please check out our Programs page for more information.ALL First Tee- Greater Wilmington participants, no matter the program they participate in (including Community Camp), MUST register for a Junior Membership (financial assistance is available for this as well) each calendar year. This will provide you access to all of FTGW’s arsenal of classes. For more information on online registration, please click here.