At First Tee – Greater Wilmington, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
2023 Junior Membership
Check out the benefits of a FTGW Jr. Membership
Jr. Membership is available for purchase NOW!
SPRING Classes & Clinics
Combining the game of golf with real life skills!
Spring Registration Opens Wed, Feb 1st!
Fall Class Schedule will be released in June!
More golf? Yes please! Half Day & Full Day options available
Camp Schedule will be released in March!
LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Programming
2023 Girls Golf information is here!
Girls Golf Membership is available for purchase NOW!
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned golfer, we’ve got something for everyone!
Check out our amazing Community Partner organizations
Check here for answers to those frequently asked questions
Parent Corner – COMING SOON
Everything you need to know to help your child succeed!
We program at 5 different locations! Find the one nearest to you!
2023 First Tee Player Card
Player Cards are ON SALE!